Cleveland Indians Player Development Complex
Cleveland Indians Baseball Club
swipe to view photos
Competition among Major League Baseball franchises is fierce. Player development success leads to success on the playing field and increased revenues. The Indians are constantly looking to improve their resources. Renovations and expansion of their Goodyear, Arizona site was initiated to create a state-of-the-art player development complex. Critical to the project success was completing construction during the a limited low-usage time window.
Through continuous project engagement with the Cleveland Indians, WMF designed improvements to the team’s Player Development Complex facilities. Improvements included both renovations and expansion. The facility was configured to foster a collaborative team environment. Program elements include:
- Strength and conditioning expansion (Weight room, Outdoor turf training, Multi-purpose classrooms and meeting rooms)
- Major league operations expansion ( ML clubhouse, ML kitchen / dining expansion, ML equipment room expansion)
- Major league coaches area expansion (New private offices, Additional work space for coaches, Additional locker room space for coaches)
- Multi-purpose space
- Minor league operations expansion / relocation (Consolidated coaches / trainer / rehab office and teaming for focused player development, teaming and collaboration)
- 2nd floor office expansion
- Roof replacement and tie-in
The Cleveland Indians Player Development Complex has been a ringing success for the Club, their players, and its fans. Improvements allow the player development staff to manage individual player development through conditioning, weight training, nutrition and skill development. This is done by integrating key plan elements that allow for greater accessibility and collaboration between coaching staff, trainers and players. This facility and its resources complete a year-round player development program in concert with the direction and expectations of the Cleveland Indians Baseball Club.